Sometimes when you try to print a document, a pop up says “HP printer is offline”, There could be various reasons for this typical error. Possible reasons for this issue are given below: -
- Slow or Null Internet connectivity.
- Incorrect printer setup.
- Poor USB.
- Malware threat.
In order to resolve your problem do follow the instructions given below: -
- The printer must in the wake-up mode, not in the sleep or idle mode.
- Now reboot your printer. Now try to print something. Give the unit a minute or two to finish booting.
- Restart your laptop or computer once.
- Unplug the printer from your device and plug it into the other port.
- If the printer is wireless then make sure that the internet connectivity is proper.
If the steps given above doesn’t work out and your printer is still not printing and giving offline error notification then proceed to further steps: -
- Go to the HP Solution Centre.
- Go to the Start icon on the bottom left of your screen then choose Control Panel and then Devices and Printers.
- Click “Manage Printers”
- Right-click the printer and select “See What's Printing” From the window that pops up choose Printer from the bar at the top.
- Click “Printer” and select “Use Printer Offline” to remove the checkmark from the drop-down menu.